To certify, you must:
- Complete entire online course curriculum or attend an in-person 4-day workshop facilitated by a DTI educator
- Participate in virtual discussions through our mentorship program, including our private Facebook groups and live video calls.
- Provide documentation of attendance at 3 events as the primary doula, which occur during the certification period only. Documentation may be done either by the forms filled out by the families you work with, or alternatively by you, the doula.
- Complete at least 16 hours of postpartum care for at least two clients. Documentation may be done either by the forms filled out by the families you work with, or alternatively by you, the doula.
- Submit a 600–1,000 word birth story from the doula’s perspective on each birth you attend for certification.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of all books by completing the required reading list.
- Write a Business Strategy Outline to set you on the right path when leaving the program.
- Attend and complete an Infant and Child CPR Certification.
- Create a local resource referral list.
- *Observe and document attendance at a childbirth education class or series.
- *Observe and document attendance at a lactation/infant feeding support group or an infant feeding class.
- *Write a 500-word essay describing your role as a doula as if you were talking to potential client and or a group of prospective doulas.
- *Write a 500-word essay on how you see yourself making an impact as a doula and in the larger birth community.
*Waived for those enrolled in Path 2. Pre-requisite required.