No Pre-Requisites Required to Start!
After your cohort gathers for introductions on day one, you will be polled for the best available live call times. Your educator will then set the schedule. You will also work on completing your self-paced video course lessons. A new module is released every two weeks. You will gather live with your cohort to dive deeper into the content you’ve been working on; replays will be provided. More FAQs
**25% of every registration fee goes towards DTI’s scholarship program for BIPOC and/or trans, two spirited or gender non-conforming birth workers.
12-Month Program Begins Online April 26
Online Postpartum Doula Training — APRIL 26, 2021
12-Month Program Begins Online October 4
Online Postpartum Doula Training — OCTOBER 4, 2021
By registering for a DTI postpartum program, you agree to the Terms & Conditions.
In this program, you’ll learn DTI’s core concepts, receive access to comprehensive postpartum training, and of course receive certification for life. Offered online, this training is flexible, affordable and geared toward building and cultivating community within your practice, as you learn at your own pace and train with seasoned educators and doulas.
- 1 year of membership with doula resources
- Your 12 month program // our in-person training starts with a 2 day workshop and our online training is a top-quality course, curriculum formatted for virtual learning (DTI has been training online for years!)
- Visual Training Book to guide you through the curriculum and to use with clients
- Learn live with your instructor during the first 3 months of intensive coursework, including Cultural Humility, our Slow Doula Method, and all the how-tos of managing a doula business
- 12 months of community mentorship
- Certification package
- Certification for life once you are certified through DTI, you never have to re-certify!
Subject Matter Included in the Curriculum:
- Childbirth Education (intro)
- Body Feeding (intro)
- DTI Foundation and Mission
- DTI Compass of Care: what doulas do
- Certification Requirements for 12-month Program
- Doulas as Advocates
- Power of Language & Active Listening
- Slow Doula Method®
- Cultural Humility
- Reproductive Justice Introduction
- Working with Back-Ups
- Intake Form
- Self Care for the Doula
- Newborns Immediately Following Birth
- Guide for the Postpartum Doula
- Postpartum Changes in the Birthing Person
- Integrating the Birth Experience
- Postpartum Mood and Anxiety Disorders
- Newborn Behavior and Care
- Integrating the Baby into the Family
- Business 101 for the Postpartum Doula
- Booking Clients
- First Steps, Next Steps
- Branding 101
- Interviewing Skills
- Community Work
Already a doula? You can start your program any time through our path2 track, no need to wait for a launch date! Simply register here.