In this program, you’ll learn DTI’s core concepts, receive access to comprehensive postpartum training, and of course receive certification for life. Offered online, this training is flexible, affordable and geared toward building and cultivating community within your practice, as you learn at your own pace and train with seasoned educators and doulas.
- 1 year of membership with doula resources
- Your 12 month program // our in-person training starts with a 2 day workshop and our online training is a top-quality course, curriculum formatted for virtual learning (DTI has been training online for years!)
- Visual Training Book to guide you through the curriculum and to use with clients
- Learn live with your instructor during the first 3 months of intensive coursework, including Cultural Humility, our Slow Doula Method, and all the how-tos of managing a doula business
- 12 months of community mentorship
- Certification package
- Certification for life once you are certified through DTI, you never have to re-certify!
Already a doula? You can start your program any time through our path2 track, no need to wait for a launch date! Simply register here.
- Complete the entire online course curriculum.
- Participate in virtual discussions through our mentorship program, including our private Facebook groups and live video calls.
- Document postpartum doula care for at least two families totaling at least 16 hours
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of all books by completing the Postpartum Reading Checklist.
- *Observe and document attendance at a breastfeeding class or support group
- Write a Business Strategy Outline to set you on the right path when leaving the program.
- Attend and complete an Infant and Child CPR Certification.
- Create a local resource referral list.
- *Write a 500-word essay describing your role as a doula as if you were talking to potential client and or a group of prospective doulas.
- *Write a 500-word essay on how you see yourself making an impact as a doula and in the larger birth community.
*Waived for those enrolled in Path 2. Pre-requisite required.